Your thoughts on instagram for photography ?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 4,693
Your thoughts on instagram for photography ?

Do you use it ? How do you feel about the forced ratios, 1:1, 2:3 etc. Is the image size big enough to do justice for your photos ? How do you feel about the image quality, or compression used ?

Whether or not you like it, do you think it is necessary for exposure in this day and age ?

I'll be honest, I don't know much about Instagram, but after the 9000th time I heard the question, 'Oh, are you on Instagram" ??? I finally decided to look into it..... and so far, it seems really freaking lousy, but maybe I'm just missing something ?

I guess Instagram is primarily designed for Mobile phone use ? Impo, phones are no better for viewing great photos, than they are for taking them.... Maybe this is the heart of my issue with Instagram ?

The thought crosses my mind, that whether you are a pixel peeping tech guy, or an artist, (the two major groups here who often disagree about pretty much everything else) Instagram seems pretty lame for both sides.

Hoping I'm completely wrong. I'd love to love something that apparently the majority of the rest of the planet loves.....

Teach me about Instagram.

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow