Have a 5Dii for low light landscape+. Should I be looking at a 5DS-R, a Mk iv or wait for the Mk v?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Darkmatterx76
Darkmatterx76 New Member • Posts: 24
Have a 5Dii for low light landscape+. Should I be looking at a 5DS-R, a Mk iv or wait for the Mk v?

Hi, I have a Canon 5Dii and have reached a limit of what the ii's sensor can do in low light situations. I'm torn between the Mk iv, waiting to find out what will be in the Mk v since we're about 2 years into the Mk iv's lifespan, or the 5DR-S for its high MP sensor.

I know the 5DR-S only shoots up to 6400 ISO but I wasn't sure of both the noise level at that ISO for the Mk iv vs the R-S. Having even higher ISO is great as long as the images are usable. If the R-S is useless from 3200 ISO up then sadly I would pass on the high MP sensor.

Also, as much as I'd love to wait to see what is in the Mk v I think that waiting will be a hindrance. :/

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow