Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 6,591
Re: Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

virgil1612 wrote:

I just bought the X-T100 and I decided that my future Fuji body, whenever it comes (for me) will have IBIS. I wonder if Fuji will put IBIS in the X-T4 or IBIS will used exclusively in the X-H bodies. What do you say?

I prefer no ibis or basic sensor shift on button press which is more stable when off, and wish that all Fuji lens just have ois, when an ibis sensor is locked down ie switched off it still can "rattle"

Sensor-shift IS systems operate by ‘floating’ the sensor using a series of electromagnets. Even when they’re ‘off’ they’re not locked in place, they’re simply set so that the electromagnets aren’t attempting to correct for movement. This has the side-effect that, which mounted on a professional stabilization rig, there’s a risk of the sensor being shaken around.

For high-end video work, Panasonic says its users would prefer to use dedicated gimbals and dollies, rather than internal stabilization, and that means physically locking the sensor in place to avoid unwanted interactions between these systems and a floating sensor. You also get noise and heat, look at the Nikon z7 I think they haven't solved that problem yet lol, Sony and Olympus already solved it, well Olympus gave the tech to Sony.

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow