Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
57even Forum Pro • Posts: 13,178
Re: Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

AaronX wrote:

I can see many people say my next camera WILL have IBIS and it's not going to be the bricky X-H. Period. If Fuji doesn't offer it, there are plenty of vendors.

On the net, Fuji probably is going to lose sales by introducing IBIS in X-H1, if they don't follow up with other IBIS models. It's okay to give a consistent message saying our lens mount doesn't support IBIS, and people will believe in you. But once people find out Fuji can actually make IBIS cameras, they will demand it in other models. There is no coming back. Not putting IBIS in X-T4 will cause resentment and some people will lose patience and move to other mounts, given the intensified competition in high end mirrorless market.

And some people will like having the option to have a smaller, lighter and cheaper camera without it. It's not like there are no OIS lenses when you need them.

It's not really the lens mount that's the issue, it's that the lenses and mount were designed with assumption that the cameras would not have IBIS. Designing lenses with a wider circle will create more compromises.

I expect Fuji will make lower end versions of IBIS cameras, and may introduce it in other lines, but I also suspect that it won't feature in every camera.

It's nice that you care so much about Fuji's future, but perhaps they know what they are doing. XH1 was only their first attempt at engineering IBIS. I am sure they are working to simplify it and reduce it's size, but there will still be a penalty on price and camera size.

-- hide signature --

Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western Civilisation?"
Mahatma Gandhi: "I think it would be a very good idea!"

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow