Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
vinrouge0 Regular Member • Posts: 449
Re: Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

webber15 wrote:

vinrouge0 wrote:

webber15 wrote:

Lack of ibis is only significant for the techy types who can't get by without every feature.

Fuji & Canon prioritize features that provide the optimum image quality...and that doesn't include ibis.

Same could be said for Nikon with their higher end cameras, which of course are dslrs.

Dave.

Your comment does not take into account the needs of others for whom IBIS makes a real difference. This goes for many photographers such as myself - and not just techy types. For someone who travels frequently and has no room for a tripod I find the IBIS invaluable. I shoot a lot of low light photography and I like to do so on fast primes and not zooms. IBIS is invaluable in these situations so long as there is no important movement in the frame.

You should see the needs of others and not dismiss them as you have done

But Fuji have taken care of those who "need" ibis 😉

As have Sony/Panny/Oly/Pentax & Nikon with their mirrorless.

Dave.

Edit...so...how do YOU decide whose needs must be met if you want ibis in the XT & I personally don't??

Especially as I've already pointed out...your needs are met elsewhere!!

I'm well aware of the X-H1. My comment was not about the availability of IBIS but the comment that it 'is only significant for the techy types who can't get by without every feature.' My comment was about the legitimacy of IBIS for many genuine shooters and not just 'techy types'.

vinrouge0's gear list:vinrouge0's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EOS M50 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow