1000mm Moon video

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Olyinaz Veteran Member • Posts: 7,211
1000mm Moon video

I've been a member of this forum for years now, and somewhat routinely I will post a picture of the Moon. It's what I do. No idea why, I just never tire of photographing the Moon.

If you had ever wondered what I see when I'm looking at the live view monitor on my camera (and what a HUGE improvement that was - at my age now my neck could not withstand peering through a viewfinder pointed up at the sky any longer - I'd be a wreck the next day), I made a short video last night as I was taking a picture. No sound and it's short, but it's what I see.

Watch it in HD and full screen. Look at the surface of the Moon, at how it's swimming in the sea of our atmosphere. THAT is why it's so hard to get a good, sharp image of the Moon! The dang thing is moving like a cat on a hot tin shack!  The movement in the middle of the video is a gust of wind hitting the camera/tripod.

At any rate, such as it is here you go:

Moon Over Arizona

Oly

Olyinaz's gear list:Olyinaz's gear list
YI M1 Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +15 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow