Long time away from Sigma, but decided to try the SD Quattro

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tammons Veteran Member • Posts: 6,196
Long time away from Sigma, but decided to try the SD Quattro

Old Sigma user. SD9, 10, 14, but then I moved on through various systems.

The SD Quattro is pretty cheap used, so I picked one up used with a 30mm F1.4 lens.

Think I would like one more SD zoom lens of some sort. Like 24-something equiv.

I have 5-6 Canon EF lenses, but I realize I cant use these until the new Sigma FF mirrorless camera and adapter is released. I use the canon lenses for B+W film and a couple of the fast ones on a Panasonic GX9 + speed booster.

I also still have my old SD to M42 adapter, and some really nice Legacy lenses, Meyer, Zeiss, and a few others.

Questions...

How long does the battery last?

I read the EVF sucks, but is it really that bad?

So, what do I need to know about this camera? Quirks and such? This camera will be more for slow shooting, art etc. IE for when I am after the Foveon look.

What is the max clean ISO?

How is the quality of the raw files converted to dng and then processed in LR? I converted an old SD9 image to DNG and then developed in LR and it looks great.

How is it for infrared photography? (with the filter removed of course)

How does it work with M42 lenses? I understand that it does have focus peaking. Any hot spots problems etc?

Any rumors on what the upcoming FF camera resolution will be? I assume it will most likely have the same pixel pitch as the Quattro cameras only expanded to full frame.

Thanks

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma SD9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow