Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
MrTapi Regular Member • Posts: 175
Re: Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

virgil1612 wrote:

MrTapi wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fairychav/5560307605

Hopefully not. The question is what you think Fuji will do, not what Fuji should

do.

I am sure they are working on it, and we will get it when it is ready. It will be about two years to X-T4, that is a long time.  And two years from now... it will be hard for Fujifilm to justify a camera without it.

There was some talk about that when X-H1 came out, the fuji engineers said they needed the bigger grip for IBIS to fit -- now they just need to scale it down.  Or make a bigger handle for X-T4.  I don't think that would be such a bad thing, given that every lens protrudes at least as much, so it would really not make the camera any bigger than it already is.

There is a lot of frowning upon talk about IBIS, and lots of people say it does not contribute.  I happen to disagree.  Even if there is nothing actually new that is being said, insistence on taking up an issue is a measure of how important people feel it is, and I am sure there is someone from Fujifilm lurking about these forums.   Apparently it is important for many people (I do not do video, so not so much for me), so it coming up repeatedly is kind of like voting.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow