a used EM1 Mark ii or wait until January

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tommot1965 Senior Member • Posts: 1,038
a used EM1 Mark ii or wait until January
1

Hi All

I'm an Em1.i owner , and I have the possibility of buying a lightly used EM1 ii. quite Cheaply around $1000au.

I tested one in a shop and was disappointed with the CAF in video, but this was with the original Firmware. so not sure how the camera fairs with the latest firmware ?.

when the Mark II cam out I couldn't see the benefit of the extra cash VS features and 20MP, but now with used Mark ii bodies being available a bit cheaper the extra cash Vs features and 20mp has narrowed to it being worth the upgrade ( to me)

but with the chat about a January announcement of a possible mark iii I'm not sure if I should wait or not !.

the main reason I didn't jump on a Mark ii earlier was the lack of difference of the image quality  . but the added feature of High res and pro capture do draw me in.

first world problems I know, but better to ask you lot rather than the Missus !..lol

cheers

 Tommot1965's gear list:Tommot1965's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow