Should i change to Fuji and buy the XT-3? (From a beginner Canon system)

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeralH Junior Member • Posts: 41
Should i change to Fuji and buy the XT-3? (From a beginner Canon system)

Hello there!

I would like to know some opinions on wether or not i should change to the Fuji system from Canon.

First of all i dont have that much invested in Canon and i dont feel like i would have "wasted" my money on the system IF i jump to Fuji.

First what i have and why i have it:

• Canon SL1/100D (For about 2-3 years)
  • Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM (i should sell this since i dont really use it)
  • Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM (The lens that 95% of the time is in the camera)
  • Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM (Great lens when i need a zoom)
  • Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM (Excellent lens for portraits)

Wish list:

• Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM (For landscape photography)

I bought the SL1 as my first "serious" camera, and i loved it. But now im planning to upgrade it as i think ive outgrown it.

Im just an enthusiast and im no pro at all. I do shoot regularly and cover some events but i dont plan to live from photography and i can afford the X-t3 and the system. Also i dont do videos and im just interested in the photography aspect of the cameras

My reasoning is that the fuji system is as high as i plan to go (regarding price), i dont plan on going full frame, because is more expensive and im not a professional, and for the price fuji seems to be the best. Also, if i plan to keep spending in lenses or upgrading little by little on the canon, i might aswell just go to the fuji and be done.

What do you think? What are your opinions? I might use some help here. Thanks

GeralH's gear list:GeralH's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow