My advice for beginners (as a newer photographer)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheMB3Life
TheMB3Life Regular Member • Posts: 149
My advice for beginners (as a newer photographer)

I read this forum nearly daily and have watched hundreds of hours on YouTube in the last 18 mths learning about photography.  Here is a list if things that I learned that made it more fun for me and maybe will help you:

1. Use Aperture Priority often as you will see what the shutter speed is suggested.  When you feel more comfortable,  you can replicate it in Manual.

2. Learn W/B.  This is my latest "discovery lesson" and WOW what a difference in the images.

3. Don't buy anything cheap as you will get cheap results.  For ME,  get the best your budget allows even if this means needing to save longer.  Switching from a crop sensor to a full frame was HUGE for the quality of work.  The lense was a huge upgrade.  I busted my butt working a side job for 4mths to afford the D750 kit.  Now I am saving for more lenses.

4. Invest in a good carbon fiber tripod,  I have the Benro Travel that was $140 at best Buy.  Great one to toss on my backpack.

5. Buy good quality filters (CPL and ND) as I am finding cheap ones will vignette, shift colors etc.  Save for good ones!

6. Network with people on IG and Flickr,  I have met some extremely helpful people this way.  Don't be afraid to ask for help!

7. Go shoot and most important HAVE FUN!!!!

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow