Please recommend a good DAM software

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thorstein Korsvold Regular Member • Posts: 251
Please recommend a good DAM software

Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime Lightroom user with 30.000 or so pictures in my private (hobbyist) library. I also used to manage a website (Wordpress) with a picture archive. So I have a bit of experience.

Now, I have a new job though, and one of my tasks is setting up a DAM solution for my new company.

They currently have around 10.000 pictures spread in folders around 3-4 sites. Totally unmanageable and unsearchable.

We are looking for a good DAM software that can do the following:

* Be a picture archive for the whole company

* Maybe we should have an auto-updated local copy as well.

* Easy uploading of video and photos.

* A good, fast and easy keywording process.

* The ability to structure files into collections or the like. I also like the way Lightroom sorts everything by capture date, som maybe something reminiscent of that. It's a good option when keyword searching doesn't get you there.

* A good search function

* Ability to handle a lot of file formats

* Ability to share with external users (like the press)

* We probably need to handle around 30-50 users who can upload, and in the hundreds for those just accessing material. Preferably they should have different rights to access, upload and deletion of files. Not everyone can see everything.

* This is very important: the ability to easily migrate away from the software if we need to make a switch later.

Any suggestions or recommendations? I've looked at different solutions, but it's really time-consuming to see what works well, and what doesn't...

Thanks in advance!

Thorstein Korsvold's gear list:Thorstein Korsvold's gear list
Nikon D800 Samsung NX30 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow