77D - how is the focus accuracy?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
henrikbengtsson Senior Member • Posts: 1,068
77D - how is the focus accuracy?

I've been thinking about adding a 77D in my bag as a backup and crop-alternative to my fullframe cameras. Also, when doing personal travels it's nice to bring a camera that doesn't cost a fortune. I already have some EF-S lenses (17-55/2.8 and 10-22 )

Last time I did this was with a 70D I think. I had some major problems with that one though. The files were great but the AF was quite inconsistent. I had 3 bodies replaced and they all showed the same phenomena. I googled it and find many many threads about this. I ended up returning the camera to the store and never looked back.

So, fastforward a few generations and 77D seems like a tempting and affordable choice. I've looked at image samples both here at DPR and over at Flickr and I really like the output and colors. Nice vivid and pleasing tones right out of the camera which would be great for travellning since I tend to not do much postwork with my personal images.

Left is the AF question. How would you rate it? Especially if there are any ex-70D users who have upgraded.

Cheers.

henrikbengtsson's gear list:henrikbengtsson's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow