Sports Photography for the non professional

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drsoggy Junior Member • Posts: 26
Sports Photography for the non professional

Hi everyone. I’m looking for some practical advice. I’m currently shooting my daughters soccer team. I do this for my own enjoyment. I use a Nikon D750 and Tamron 70-200 f2.8 and have gotten some nice shots with good isolation from the background. It’s a lot of fun learning the players and anticipating the shots. My setup is great for now, but when she moves up to a full field the 200mm wont be enough reach. I need some recommendations for non f2.8 lenses. I know I will have to make some compromises because of cost. If my reach extends to half the field I would be happy. I would appreciate any advice from anyone that has experience shooting a similar sport. I would consider a 2x converter, and third party lenses. I’m probably not interested in anything slower than f5.6, and quick focus is important.  F4 would be nice. So if you have any recommendations I would be interested to hear. I’m learning a lot this season, and sports is new for me. I don’t need anything immediately. I’m good through spring.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow