Could the next 10-30 years be the era of Sony?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dibyendu Majumdar Regular Member • Posts: 423
Could the next 10-30 years be the era of Sony?

Now that dust is settling we see that neither Nikon nor Canon have been able to exceed the technological prowess of Sony.

From the 1960s to 1980s, Nikon was perhaps the dominant brand in photography? (Not sure if they were the most popular brand though).

The EOS mount changed that and Canon became the dominant brand for the next 30 years.

I could be wrong here - maybe Canon has always been the most popular brand / does anyone know what the situation was between 1960 and 1990?

Will Sony be the dominant brand in the upcoming 30 years, wresting the crown from Canon? A couple of years ago I would have thought this is not possible. But now it seems possible.

Of course the scenario I wish for is that Nikon retains its position as number 2 or even becomes number 1 brand. But Nikon moves slowly and Sony moves fast ... and every so often in the world of technology the existing players fail to see the change coming, and an 'upstart' takes over. Is this going to be one of those times?

Meanwhile I am patiently waiting for my Z6.

Regards

Dibyendu

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow