G9 user experience

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Standing100 Forum Member • Posts: 55
G9 user experience

Hi, I'm toying with getting the G9 or the em1 mark ii as a replacement to my GX80. The primary reason is that I have not enjoyed taking photos with the GX80, I don't feel "engaged" with the camera's rangefinder style and evf. I want a camera that I'll enjoy taking photos with as well as have great outputs.

I'm drawn to the G9 as I'm familiar with the Panasonic menu and I like the look of the array of physical buttons/controls. The em1 though is a nicer size. I have a mixture of lenses, both Oly and Panasonic (12-40, 45 1.8 and Panasonic 40-150)

I mostly take travel photos and people (family and friends) and whilst I've seen and read many posts about these cameras as great wildlife cameras, I've not read much about users experience taking candid people photos.

I will spend time editing some photos on a computer, but I'm really interested in the people's experience with the ooc colours and tones, especially of people.

Any experiences or tips of people use of these cameras would be most welcome. Thanks

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow