Am I being paranoid about dust under front element

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FujiTom New Member • Posts: 3
Am I being paranoid about dust under front element

I bought a second-hand HS50EXR, Camera I wanted for years couldn't afford  it at the time, the body is a bit rough but works fine,

it came with a UV filter on and I've kept it there ever since, cause I'm scared to touch the lens myself in case I break the camera or ruin it but noticed that the marks i was seeing on my lens were not on the uv filter there are 4 specks of dust under the front element,no idea how they got in there,

As you can tell I'm no where confident to attempt to even open the  lens myself,

I've read pretty much everything saying this isn't an issue, but where I've got it from offered me a refund as i've only had it 6 months and its a 24 month warranty but they can't guarantee a replacement because of the nature of the second-hand business,

I'm not sure what to do and seeking advice, because ive looked to see who could clean the lens professionally but being an old camera and a bridge one at that, theres not alot of options in the uk just looking for ideas of what I should do,

Cause I'm worried I will be without a camera cause I don't have much money and my camera is my only vice.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow