Quick switch between AF mode AND area?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tarmo2 New Member • Posts: 2
Quick switch between AF mode AND area?

Hi all,

I'm considering upgrading my X-T20 to X-T3, mainly due to the autofocus improvements. However, there's one significant issue holding me back: no easy way to switch between single point AF-S and wide/tracking AF-C.

At least on the X-T20 I haven't found any way to couple AF mode and AF area, so that I could easily switch between 'still life' and 'action' modes. Now if I want to take a quick shot of a moving subject I need to first fumble with the physical AF-mode switch, then enter the menus (or quick menu) and change focus area from "single point" to "wide/tracking". Guess how often the moving subject is still there once I've completed the procedure. Switching back is also a pain in the ass, so I never bother and just try to manage with AF-S.

This all could be so easily fixed, by being able to select the focus area for each AF mode. In fact I still refuse to believe 100% that it's not possible. Can you guys confirm whether I'm right or not?

Cheers,

Tarmo

Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow