D40x lens compatibility advice needed please

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ed Br New Member • Posts: 1
D40x lens compatibility advice needed please

Hi Everyone

To begin with, apologies if this question has already been raised. I have just joined the forum and quickly checked the D40x area but didn't see a relevant note.

I have a D40x. I purchased the camera about 12 years ago (2006), put it in to storage with some other items and has remained there ever since ! I was clearing the loft out l4 weeks ago and found the camera and now intend to start using it.

I checked around and purchased the book 'Nikon D40/D40x Digital Field Guide' by David D. Busch and this has been a great help to moving me from my android phone camera to DSLR.

The camera came complete with a Nikon DX 18-55mm lens. I have taken a few shots and this does a great job. David mentions a better choice would be the Nikon 18-200mm  lens. I live in the UK and have tried to find one and am completely confused by the range of lenses available. I don't want to make a purchase until I know I have selected the right one that will give me a good balance between macro and distant focussing. I understand the D40x doesn't have an onboard auto focus so I am assuming the lens will have to provide this itself ?

Can anyone give me some advice please ? Which lens should I go for and where should I purchase one in the UK ?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Ed

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D40X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow