Help with deciding between tripods

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nighthawk666
Nighthawk666 Regular Member • Posts: 161
Help with deciding between tripods

After reading plenty of forums, treads, and reviews... I am more confused than ever. well, not completely but I am stuck making my final decision.

My current Tripod is a Manfrotto 055 kit - alu 3-section horiz. column tripod with head and weights 3.5 kg which weighs a ton after carrying it a day long with all your other gear.

I am getting some good use out of this Tripod at home but is a pain to carry with me out into nature.

I want a tripod I can take with me hiking, camping etc for 80% landscapes, 15% wildlife and 5% Astro.

I am currently using an A7iii. My main Landscape lens is a Zeiss 16-35 f4 and I also carry a 28-75 2.8 Tamron Di iii with me.

I recently changed over from Cannon to Sony (to go mirrorless to shed weight and size) so I haven't got any big lenses at this stage. might get a 70-200 or 300 down the track depending on the need but not at this stage.

The tripods I am looking at now is the MeFoto Globetrotter or the Manfrotto Befree.

Should I pick one over the other or is there something better for that price? I am looking at sturdy and light.

thanx a lot in advance

Nighthawk666's gear list:Nighthawk666's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow