1st Use Rokinon 14 2.8 'AE' for Nikon F

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stevenj2
stevenj2 Contributing Member • Posts: 508
1st Use Rokinon 14 2.8 'AE' for Nikon F
  1. OCT 20

Comments please, regarding the lens as best as possible considering photo and or knowledge of the lens.

From a first use Sat Oct 20, of a Nikon D750 with the Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 "AE' for Nikon, manual focus, but chipped so that it aperture and shutter can be set from camera. I like that at least.

it was not quite such a sunny day when I went out. My eyes, the ultra wide effects in a big scene and lighting made it hard to see focus even in live view.

Posted is a processd and copped jpg. I do have the RAWS but try out jpgs first, to figure if it is worth time to go for more 'work'. Photo in outdoor passage between high rise and other large buildings of Battery Park City/ Brookfield Place Manhattan, almost no time of year direct sun shines thru here.

• Low res just sent from my phone..that is from same D750 and Rok. 14.

I have a smaller Rokinon 12 f/2. for SONY E that give me so much better results. I am not sure if I should return it. Maybe forget about ultrawide for Nikon.

PS. Inside, at home moments ago. I check focus close in on the D750, and then anyway, switched the Rokinon 14 to a D7500. It seems to be better overall. OK, 21mm equivalent fine. But better, brighter and sharper in the viewfinder. Really.

I don't have any wide DX prime but a DX AF-S 12-24 f/4 G. I'm more inclined to keep it now. And it leaves me still wanting the AF-S 20 1.8G.

Thanks!

stevenj2's gear list:stevenj2's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D750 Sony a6300 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +23 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D750 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow