I'm Actually Rather Cross About This

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dutch Newchurch
Dutch Newchurch Senior Member • Posts: 5,246
I'm Actually Rather Cross About This

'I'm Actually Rather Cross About This' was one of the placards spotted at today's 'People's Vote' march through central London to Parliament.  The reported attendance figure is 600,000 - around 1% of this nation's total population - so it was a major event, by any standards.

I'm not commenting on the politics of it - and ask that you don't (it's not allowed in this forum).  But here are some snaps from the day.

I mainly used the M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 and the Laowa 7.5mm f/2.0.  I also used the Panaleica 25mm f/1.4 and the M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8.  In hindsight, I should have brought the Laowa out sooner.  I almost forgot I had it with me, and it was a moment of genuine pleasure when I first thought of using it.

The depth of field scale on the Laowa is really useful for this sort of street photography.  I set the aperture to f/5.6, and the focus to hyperfocal, then used it as a point-and-shoot.

It was an unseasonally sunny day, so lighting was bright, but harsh and contrasty.  I always grumble about shooting in such conditions.

Here are the snaps:

Fly the Flag

Very Cross

The counter-protest - Brexit is the Will of God

The EU Hat

Banners and Flags

Passing the Institute of Directors

-- hide signature --

Dutch
forestmoonstudio.co.uk
My DP Review gallery
Photography is about light, not light-proof boxes.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow