Dx "optical" crop or FX digital crop in pc

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dervast Senior Member • Posts: 2,697
Dx "optical" crop or FX digital crop in pc

Hi,

lets assume that I shot a d7200 and a d750 camera at lowest cameras.

Both cameras (we also assume that dxomark measurements are super good) have same dynamic range and SNR rate at their lowest iso.

We also do not care about depth of field and we also assume that both cameras collect same light (aperturees might be different but one can compensate with shutter speeds).

Then we shoot from same distance. The dx camera will produce a zoomed in file of the fx. We use same lens (for example the very good nikon 85mm 1.8g) for both cameras.

We crop the fx file to resemble the dx file, in terms of composition. Which camera will be have better resolution (not in number of megapixels), but hard to say, in what they resolved in the optical domain, for the focused areas.

I would assume that the dx would win but I woud like to listen to your comments.

Regards

Alex

P.S This post was initially posted on beginners question and it was removed from moderator. In case you have replied me I was not able to read any of the answers there

Nikon D7200 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow