Another which lens to bring on vacation post

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikeb9550 Forum Member • Posts: 72
Another which lens to bring on vacation post

Guys, I always agonize over which gear to bring for vacation. Its even harder when I add something new to my Fuji kit like I like I did this week with the 10-24.

I don't have one go to travel kit. I try different things and always left feeling like I wish I had more lenses but I gave up walking around with a heavy bag a couple of years ago. Now, I try to keep it small and light. Since this is a family vac, I also capture a bunch of small video clips and OIS is a must. If it was't for that, it would be easy. I would take the 16 1.4 and my 23 1.4 (maybe even my Samyang 12mm since its so small and light).

This is a Disney cruise on the Magic going to Key west, Nassau, and CocoCay. We are also spending a few days in Miami Beach.

I took the 18-55 and my 12mm f2 prime last time. It worked out pretty well for a small light package. The one thing that was missing is a decent portrait lens. I could repeat this kit and just add the small 35mm f2.

I thought about taking the 10-24 since it covers my preferred range and has OIS. Its a heavy beast and I wonder how the f4 would be for shooting people. I was going to add the 35mm f2 if I took the 10-24. Anyone travel with the 10-24? I am sure it rocks for landscapes but I worry about the f4 for low light and people.

I bring a small tripod but don't walk around in port with one. I put it in my suitcase and use it on the ship and around the hotel.

So what do you guys think? I have limited myself to only bringing my Tenba DNA 10. This gives me room for my xt2 with a lens attached and 2 others.

Here are the lenses I have:

10-24 f4

12mm f2 Samyang

16mm f1.4

23mm f1.4

35mm f2

56mm f1.2

18-55

55-200

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow