Sony RX10 III locking

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stefano Montanari New Member • Posts: 5
Sony RX10 III locking

Hi,

I have the Sony RX Miii. I love it, but hate when it locks on me. I have it on AF-S and press the shutter half way down to focus and it focuses. The green circle on the bottom left stays lit and the focusing points in the center(I have spot focus) and I press the shutter half way down and sometimes I can use the camera again. This happens about 85%-90% of the time. I believe this is normal operation on the camera. However in some instances I press the shutter button half way and it focuses the green circle on the bottom left stays on as well as the center spot focusing square stays green as well. I press the shutter again I can take a photo but it does not change focus. I try to press any buttons and the green circle and focus points stay on. If I switch to manual focus then back its still there. locked. The only thing that works getting it off it turning the camera off then on.

Is there a setting I am missing? or have engaged by accident? Am I using this wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Stefano

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 II Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow