Question: How to embed location data directly to NEF RAW using ViewNX-i

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
antoniofhowe
antoniofhowe New Member • Posts: 22
Question: How to embed location data directly to NEF RAW using ViewNX-i

Hello,

I am trying to correct existing location data as well as add missing location data to my NEF RAW files. I first attempted this in Lightroom but by design (and understandably) the updates are held in the XMP sidecar file and not applied directly to the NEF file.

I then installed Nikon ViewNX-i expecting that it would apply the changes directly to the RAW file, however after making a bunch of updates I see that the last modified date on the files themselves haven't changed and that these changes also seem to be held in a sidecar file (NKSC).

Does anyone know if it's possible with ViewNX-i to update the actual NEF RAW file itself so that when I import them into other applications the updated/added location data is included?

I'd prefer to avoid third party tools (non Nikon), but am not opposed to recommendations if ViewNX-i can't do it.

Thank you!

antoniofhowe's gear list:antoniofhowe's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron 18-400mm F3.5-6.3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow