Toy Pop + Polariser

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
123dy New Member • Posts: 17
Toy Pop + Polariser

Some photos taken in sunny Wales and sunny Spain on my LX100 with the Panasonic Toy Pop filter on and a polariser used to maximum effect.

Art filters are sometimes considered to be pointless since the same effects can be added later in an editing program, however (1) I am lazy and mostly just want to apply Auto Fix to my jpegs and then look at them on my TV and (b) if I don't see a bright colourful scene in my camera's viewfinder I am probably not going to bother taking a picture in the first place, and also (c) there's an option with the LX100, I think, to save an unfiltered image alongside the filtered one, so you can have the best of both worlds.

Panasonic's Toy Pop filter saturates reds and finds orange wherever it can to create bright colourful pictures, although sometimes at the expense of unacceptable amounts of vignetting and other quirks.

In all the photos here I've lightened the shadows (sometimes selectively) and added sharpening (sometimes lots of sharpening), but the colours are as recorded by the camera.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow