First post! Lens kit question :)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Skraaal New Member • Posts: 6
First post! Lens kit question :)

Hello!

First off, hats off to all the fine people here and the threads that have been made - they've been such a valuable resource for me recently as I've dived head first into the world of photography.

I have a bit of a lens debate going on right now with myself and wondered if people would shed their thoughts on it...

I recently purchased my first camera after saving up for a number of years and got two lenses along side it. I purchased the Nikon D850 with the kit 24-120 VR lens and at the same time purchased the renowned Nikon 14-24 as well.

I'm looking to making photography my main profession over the next few years and would be going into wedding photography as well as portraiture alongside my passion of cityscape and landscape photography.

Given the two lenses I already own I can't decide on which my third lens should be. I'm torn between either the newer 24-70 VR or the 70-200 VR but can't decide between the two.

I was considering the Sigma Art HSM 85 or 135 too, but after so many negative reviews and also my one experience with them showing severe auto focus issues, I thought one of the two lenses above would be the better (albeit far more expensive) choice and better long term investment.

What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your opinions and feedback.

Thanks so much in advance!

Axel.

Skraaal's gear list:Skraaal's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +1 more
Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow