Right amount of the gear for trips

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
apekkpul Contributing Member • Posts: 920
Right amount of the gear for trips

Next December our family is planning to visit in the New York and Chile's Patagonia. I will shoot both photos and videos, in low and bright light. We'll go to Torres del Paine national park and do some day hikes. So far my plan is to take:

- GH5 and PL 12-60mm/2.8-4 (my standard travel kit); PL 50-200mm/2.8-4

- A7iii and Tamron 28-75mm/2.8 (my low light kit)

That is still reasonable, I think, but I also need a way to backup shots/clips and probably I want to review them, so I will take my 13" 2016 MacBook Pro with me. And maybe I should take  a travel tripod and a gimbal.

I can still fit all electronics and lenses into my backpack, but that is gonna be a pretty expensive pack. And if it is a heavy, I may want to leave in a car's trunk during breaks. We are using decent hotels, they should have in-room safety boxes so that I could take only a lightweight set to day trips. However, our hotels in Patagonia may not have safety boxes, so this is a bit concern.

Have you got any of your gear stolen, and any best practices how to avoid any hassle?

apekkpul's gear list:apekkpul's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic G85 Panasonic GH5 Sony a7 III +13 more
Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow