I believe m43 should have a low-light fighter

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kalin Regular Member • Posts: 111
I believe m43 should have a low-light fighter

I know there's been many threads on what m43 should (and shouldn't) be or do but I don't recall seeing this and, IMO, it is something that will benefit the system.

The biggest attraction of m43 has always that it offers great performance in reasonably sized (and priced) packages. One big reason for this is the availability of many very small and very light lenses. Having a sensor that handles higher ISO well will really extend the usefulness of these lenses without having to always resort to a heavy and expensive faster glass.

Plus, even my 20mm f1.7 runs out of light in some cases and requires ISO of 1600/3200 which isn't m43's greatest strength. So even the fast glass will benefit from a 'faster' sensor.

A great low-light camera, in the vein of Sony's A7S series, that allows us to shoot care-free at 1600/3200 while maintaining good shutter speed will be a great addition to the lineup, IMO. IBIS is great but people and things have the unfortunate habit of moving around. And yes, the camera will have to have less pixels; it seems to be a necessary compromise with the current state of the art.

What do you guys think?

Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow