Hoffman covered bridge - Oregon

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1943Mike
1943Mike Regular Member • Posts: 184
Hoffman covered bridge - Oregon

Since there seems to be some - albeit not particularly spectacular - fall foliage around, I drove around a loop which took me by four 4 covered bridges not too far from where I live in Salem, Oregon. I attempted high res shots with my EM1.2 and, had it not been for the breeze which was responsible for some movement of the leaves in the trees, I might have considered it one of my better covered bridge images. Still, I like it. The one bridge by which I was able to scramble down to the stream from the road and find a point of view I liked was the one of which I'm posting an image.

The other bridges were nice and I got a few decent shots of them but the only red covered bridge of the four I visited was surrounded by private farm land and I wasn't able to find anyone outside the farmhouse whose occupant(s) I wanted to ask permission to walk on their property to get to the stream and a photogenic view of the bridge. In fact they had 2 Dobermans barking furiously behind a locked fenced in area and some kind of Spaniel or Setter that came running up to me barking as I approached the house. I decided to give up on that idea.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

-- hide signature --

1943Mike

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow