Fuji instead of Sony?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TQGroup
TQGroup Senior Member • Posts: 1,911
Re: Fuji instead of Sony?

PWPhotography wrote:

Joe Tam wrote:

I spoke to a Fuji and Canon owner. He said the same thing about the lockup on xt-2 and other weird anomolies. He said that as much as mirrorless has advantages he still prefers DSLR because it just works when you need it to. no quirks or lockups and you can leave the camera on for hours/days. i miss the leica for street shooting as its is small, light, quiet, and doesn't need to bootup.

I have owned A7r, A7 II, A7r II, A7r III and A9, none of them ever locked up, not even single time. No quirks. A9 shoots faster than D5 and 1Dx II, A7r III faster than 5D IV and 5DsR and A7 III beats 6D II and D750. Not all ML are the same, just as not all DSLRs are the same ML is replacing DSLR. A9 shoots 20fps with no-blackout EVF that are both faster and better than D5 and 1Dx II burst and still-blackout OVF.

Pardon my ignorance but if your assertions are correct, why do I not see any Sony cameras being used by pros at sports events, news events, etc. Surely all these experienced pros must of heard about Sony by now...

You aren't confusing maximum frame rates with "shooting speed" are you?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/1614936648/a-wildlife-photographer-s-perspective-on-the-sony-a9

Check this well-known wildlife photog's video who also owns D5.

Zefah wrote:

I briefly had an X-T2 and still have an X100 F, but I have experienced lock ups on both them (need to remove the battery and reinsert to get back up and running). It always seems to happen for me in C-AF and continuous burst shooting modes. Some have said that it's probably related to the memory card and that using high speed UHS-II memory cards fixes it at least on the X-H1.

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow