Some impressions on the XF10 and street shots

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AaronX Contributing Member • Posts: 547
Some impressions on the XF10 and street shots

Took the XF10 and left my bigger cameras at home to a business trip to test it out. Didn't have much time to shoot. These test shots are mostly taken in snapshot mode (2 meters) and only resized or cropped. Below are some impressions:

• The selling point of course is the APS-C sensor. The only but significant shortcoming is the slow AF. It's fine in broad daylight but sub-par indoors. The camera is ideal if you (1) mostly use zone focus to do street photography and like the 28mm view; or (2) shoot posed environmental portraits or scenery and don't feel limited by the 28mm view. For indoors you have to be ready to wait for the slow AF or skilled enough to use MF. Definitely not for point and shoot AF indoors.
  • I wish it has a flip up LCD.
  • It froze several times if I hit the shutter button too rapidly, and I had to remove the battery to restart it.
  • There seems to be a shutter lag, even with MF.
  • I think I managed to get some satisfactory results out of it but I'm not sure I will keep it if it's still within the return period. This is partially due to the slow AF, but also because I seem to prefer a zoom for a pocketabe camera (still debating this, not Fuji's fault of course).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow