Should Fuji discontinue X-Trans?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
roytempest Forum Member • Posts: 75
Should Fuji discontinue X-Trans?

I know that this topic brings out many strong opinions, with some believing that X-Trans is an abomination and others who will defend it to the hilt.

I have owned the X-E1 and X-E3 and quite honestly am delighted with the IQ on both but, irrespective of whether it can produce high quality images, I doubt that many people buy into the Fuji system for the X-Trans sensor these days.  Indeed some actively avoid avoid Fuji X cameras because of it.

There is another thread on the forum which compares Fuji's Bayer and X-Trans offerings and, whilst opinions may differ on which is better, it is hard to state with any certainty that X-Trans produces superior images.

Given that there are now so many good reasons to buy into the X System... is it time for Fuji to switch to Bayer?

roytempest's gear list:roytempest's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jfw
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow