Should Fuji discontinue X-Trans?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
roytempest Forum Member • Posts: 68
Should Fuji discontinue X-Trans?

I know that this topic brings out many strong opinions, with some believing that X-Trans is an abomination and others who will defend it to the hilt.

I have owned the X-E1 and X-E3 and quite honestly am delighted with the IQ on both but, irrespective of whether it can produce high quality images, I doubt that many people buy into the Fuji system for the X-Trans sensor these days.  Indeed some actively avoid avoid Fuji X cameras because of it.

There is another thread on the forum which compares Fuji's Bayer and X-Trans offerings and, whilst opinions may differ on which is better, it is hard to state with any certainty that X-Trans produces superior images.

Given that there are now so many good reasons to buy into the X System... is it time for Fuji to switch to Bayer?

roytempest's gear list:roytempest's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +5 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfw
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow