I own the 90 f2 now (initial findings)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,594
I own the 90 f2 now (initial findings)

Well, went and tried the 90 and what a superb lens from the user point of view, beautiful decent indents aperture stops on the lens for a change. What a lovely balance on the XH1(I think the XH1 was made for it) Shot some images and my findings are it is at it`s best for sharpness 2.8-5.6 (maybe 2.8 and f4 are the best)pretty close in focus as well, Not much in the way of distortion as I can see with the few images I have shot.) super smooth MF. (What can I compare it with? My superb Canon 135f2 that always came up trumps, or my Leica 90 f2 asph apo from some time ago and you know what that cost. (all hand held BTW) and for a nice change I can see the IBIS working very well indeed. I would say that without a doubt if you can`t take a decent image with this lens then it is definitely your fault. The focal length is not going to be one lens for everything but when I would normally grab for my 55-200 and use it around the middle of the focal range (which I`ve noticed is quite a lot) this lens is going to shine. My own personal opinion is that at that focal length IBIS really is going to make a difference, without it you might be forced to use a tripod which is fine but I don`t carry a tripod around now days (I keep one in my house and in both vehicles for the times I know I will need one or am parked up nearby.) It makes a nice change to not be saying " Oh well, I`ll probably get used to it"

My wife came with me and seeing as we haven`t got a MacDonalds within 20 miles of home I treated her to her favourite meal (well, I thought it was the least I could do and splash out on her as she funded the new lens so please don`t tell her that her meal was only a few pounds

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow