Which camera for lightweight travel kit?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
averacpa Regular Member • Posts: 141
Which camera for lightweight travel kit?

I am revising my lightweight travel specifically to replace my GX-7 essentially because I want good in-camera stabilization as I often shoot at f5.6/8 with the Oly 9-18 and the Pany 45-150.

The kit contains the following lenses:

9-18 Oly

15 F1.7 Pany

25 F1.8 Pany

45 Oly

45-150 Pany

I am torn between the GX9 and the EM-5; actually waiting for the Mark III version to see if there is any major improvements like 4k video or 20Mp sensor, etc..  Beside photos, I do like to take some video to create a nice slideshow presentation, 1080 is usually fine, but 4K would be better on my UHD TV.  Weather proofing is not an issue as none of the lenses have it and I usually would not be walking around in the rain when traveling in cities.

I normally shoot landscape, architectural and city shots at all hours of the day/night, as well as, inside buildings.  Often I don't have much of a choice of the time of day when shooting (scheduled tours) so lightning conditions outdoor can be extreme for the sensor.  This sometimes forces me to bracket shoot (HDR techniques if I can stabilize the camera without a tri/monopod).

I have the EM-1 and several pro lenses, but camera capability closely followed by weight is very important.  My Oly 12-40 could replace the first 3 lenses, but its too big, heavy and noticeable on the GX7 plus I loose out the 9-12 range and 1+ stop.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow