D500 vs D7500 - Image Quality

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tylr_r
Tylr_r New Member • Posts: 1
D500 vs D7500 - Image Quality

I just recently upgraded to a D500 from a d7500 and when I started to look at my first photoshoot with the D500 I noticed that I was getting extremely low-quality imagery from out of it, almost as if it was grainy but all photos were taken at iso 100. So last night I did an exact comparison test between the two after cleaning the image sensor on the D500.

Given that both of these cameras have the same sensor and image processor, I don't see how this is possible. Also, the D500 should technically be a better camera anyway. All images were taken with the same lens, iso 100, with no editing whatsoever, and taken in RAW format. Is there possibly a setting that I'm missing in the camera that can fix this? What does everyone think?

Tylr_r's gear list:Tylr_r's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Nikon D500 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow