X-T2 - AF-C speed 100-400 while zooming

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mike lix Regular Member • Posts: 180
X-T2 - AF-C speed 100-400 while zooming

A few days ago I shared some dog rush towards camera test in bad light with 90/2, today I would like to share with you a bit different test. This time with 100-400 while zooming.

(here is the link to the dog rush test https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61797332 )

Jet RC models, flight speed 200-400 kph. This was taken just after takeoff, which was extremely difficult for my own technique. With battery grip at 11fps, so the whole action took about 1.5s. I believe I used the 5x5 zone. AF-C mode 6 (custom, which is what I always have).

From my experience, it´s all about the settings with the X-T2. No, I don´t have the 56/1.2 od 35/1.4, but the Zeiss Touit 32/1.8 is no lightning either and can focus at running children in shade of woods very precisely when the AF-C is set apropriately.

mike lix's gear list:mike lix's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow