V2, and old friend, a Sigma lens.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 10,290
V2, and old friend, a Sigma lens.

Just saw some test images of house sparrows taken by the Lens Tip team, with the brand new Sigma 60-600, which inspired me to try some shots of the same species, this morning.

I have no 60-600 (and I don't think I will get one later), but I have the Sigma 150-600 S, and it is a really nice lens, if a bit heavy (it's very sharp and has a very nice bokeh, that is worth a lot, and its fast AF is very impressive), but it has been some time since I used it with my Nikon 1 V2, a camera that has been on the backburner for a while.

I wish my Nikon 1 J5 would work with this lens, but, alas, as you know, it is not compatible with most big lenses with VR/OS, so for me, it is either the V1, the V2, or a DX camera that works. So I have mainly, the last year, or so, used the Sigma with my two DX bodies, and occasionally my 'old' D600 (does vignette quite a bit on FX, easily corrected, of course).

Images below were shot in today's soft morning light, and I confess, some slight noise reduction has been applied and, finally, some sharpening, that's about it:

Please click on the photos to see them enlarged! None of them is cropped in any way, and I took them with the lens resting on a monopod.

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of 1 Canon, 1 Olympus, 1 Pentax, 1 Ricoh, 1 Sony, and a lot of Nikon, cameras.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +25 more
Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow