Does any consumer grade camera have better IQ than the D850 ?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 3,647
Does any consumer grade camera have better IQ than the D850 ?

I'm a current Canon shooter, so naturally, I started to ask this on the Canon section.... Then I thought, I'm honestly not trying to start a war lol

However here, I can probably safely say, the D850 has been my dream camera since it came out. I still have very little interest in mirrorless. For myself, first and foremost, is absolute image quality. If they could make this any better, they can "add weight" to the camera, and I'd be okay with it.

I know the "pro level" Nikons and Canons do other things really well, like fantastic focusing, crazy burst rates, and in camera processing. But none of that stuff ever matters for me. Most of the stuff I do, is landscapes, on a tripod.

Anyway, I was kind of surprised that the D850 scored WAAY better on image quality than either Canon's, or Nikon's top pro level camera !? I figured it would at least be close ?

So other than maybe a $50K medium format Hasselblad, is there another camera out there with better IQ than a D850 ???

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow