Canon mount lenses on Sigma, Sony, and Fuji for more compatibility?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 10,680
Canon mount lenses on Sigma, Sony, and Fuji for more compatibility?

I shoot mostly with a Sigma SD Quattro H at the moment, and for the near future I see myself continuing to do that, but I have a Sony A65 for shooting video, and I have a Sony A7 for shooting video with my Sigma SA mount lenses, of which I have four that I use (and others that I don't find good enough to use).

I'm planning to get the new Sigma camera. I also plan to get the Panasonic S1R. I'll be using the adapter that Sigma will release when they make the new full-frame camera to use my SA-mount lenses on the L-mount cameras. Since I have a Sony A7 and plan to possibly get a 100 MP Fuji medium format camera in the future, I'm thinking it might make more sense to buy lenses in Canon EF mount in the future, for use on the Panasonic and Sigma L-mount cameras, because I'll be able to use those lenses on my Sony A7 and the future Fuji medium format camera. I could use those Canon lenses now on the Sony A7 with an adapter (and I plan to get at least two different adapters - one Sigma MC-11 adapter and one tilting adapter). Unfortunately I don't have a Canon camera that works anymore. I'm wondering if I should get one, just so I can use the Canon lenses on their native mount for testing and to have reliable auto-focus.

Do I sound insane?

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
http://www.bigprintphotos.com

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sony a7 Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H +17 more
Sigma sd Quattro H Sony a7 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow