Fuji’s retro style fans: hipsters or older people?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jjz2 Contributing Member • Posts: 586
Re: Fuji’s retro style fans: hipsters or older people?

I like fuji for the size, controls and solid collection of prime lenses. This allows me to bring the camera more and have a better shooting experience without diving into menus. Compared to some other brands, I do think Fuji is better for pure photography. The aesthetics are just a bonus.

Although I'm still only in my 30s, I grew up shooting my dad's rangefinder style cameras as a teenager in the 90s. I'm also old enough to have taken photography class where you develop your own film in a dark room and learned how to shoot on all manual first. I was never really a fan of Canon/Nikon plasticy DSLRs or even DSLR styling, it was just what was available for quality images for a good while there in digital.

I think anybody born before 1985 or so still had quite a bit of life pre digital and likely grew up listening to some vinyl their parents owned, vhs tapes, and used film...

I don't consider myself a millennial as I was born in 80, but the ranting against them is hilarious. Lumping everybody who isn't mainstream as a hipster into some neat category is also hilarious.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
KFo
KFo
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow