Epson 3880 black marks on corners

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gooseoddyssey New Member • Posts: 1
Epson 3880 black marks on corners

Hi, With an Epson 3880 I'm getting black marks on the corners of prints, usually on the tailing edge (that comes out of the printer last), but sometimes on the leading edge. The marks are usually on the print-side, but sometimes affect the back of the print. My best guess is that this is from the paper curling slightly and either touching the print head or the absorbent foam that runs along the bottom under the width of the paper. I do a lot of borderless printing so I think there is a lot of ink knocking about inside my printer.

I have tried cleaning the capping station, wiper blade, print head and foam pads on the bed of the printer. I can't tell how good a job I have done though, it still all looks quite inky in there. I have tried setting the platen gap to Wider.

Can you think of anything else I could try? Can you replace the foam pads on the bed of the printer? Thank you!

Examples of how the issue looks on the print-side:

This looks like ink being transferred from the print-head?

This looks like a corner touching the inky foam pad underneath the paper?

And sometimes the issue on the under-side:

This looks like a gunky, inky piece of dirt underneath the print, possibly stuck to a roller or something?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow