Fuji’s retro style fans: hipsters or older people?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhotoRoo Regular Member • Posts: 424
Fuji’s retro style fans: hipsters or older people?

Many people are drawn to Fuji because of the retro styling. The silver XT bodies look very much like some old Nikon film cameras. I’m not into retro styling and the look of a camera means little to me, but I know many who find the way their camera looks to be important.

I was wondering, is this style popular now for the same reason vinyl is having a resurgence in popularity, ie. young people who weren’t even born when vinyl was mainstream now thinking it makes them appear cool to listen to music on vinyl. Or is it more the older people who are praising the aesthetic of Fujis because it reminds them of cameras they actually used decades ago? I think most people who love vintage cars are older people who grew up around those actual cars.

My initial guess was that it’s probably mainly the hipsters thinking retro gives them some cool factor, but I wonder what the consensus here is. I’m not talking about the obvious usability benefits due to the external controls, only the vintage design aesthetics.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
KFo
KFo
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow