what combo is safe for camera/lens when setting manual or auto focus
I have a Nikon D7000 and I want to make sure I am being careful with my lens and camera when changing settings.
If I have a (M/A__M) or (A__M ) lens. what combination is safe to use where I wont mess up any gears or motor from the camera.
1. I should only change these on lens or camera while the camera is off?
2. if I set the camera to AF then the lens should be set to A or M/A. In this setting, is it safe for me to adjust the focus ring on the lens? I am guessing if i have a lens with M/A instead of just A, it would be safe. just not sure if messing with the focus ring on lens does anything in this setup. I guess it would if the lens had M/A__M as option and putting it on M/A means it could override using the focus ring in auto focus setting but not for one that has A__M setting?
3. Setting both the lens and camera to manual (M), I am free to play with the focus ring on the lens as I please. Should not have any issues in this setting?
4. Setting the camera to M and setting the lens to A. Does this hurt anything? I take it since the camera is in M then there is no connection to the lens and it wont try to do auto focus. Is this essentially the same as having both camera and lens to manual? Can I adjust the focus ring on the lens without causing any issues? If it doesn't do anything, and safe, it almost makes me feel that I should always leave the lens to Auto and just use the setting on the camera to control AF or M. Maybe I am missing something here that can be explained to me.
5. Setting the camera to AF and setting the lens to setting of M will potentially cause damage to the camera correct? I did see this in the manual so its almost confirmation. .I have no questions about the focus ring on lens here since its not supposed to be set up this way. This is essentially bad for the camera and should be avoided. I am guessing because it will try to get the lens into focus but it can not. This causes the focus motor in the camera to potentially get damaged?
thanks in advance!
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|1 month ago|
|times are tough by jp wildlife|
from Your City - Garbage
|After the Storm by Domenick Creaco|