Bought A6500 deciding not to wait on new model

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lovehifi Regular Member • Posts: 277
Bought A6500 deciding not to wait on new model

I was looking for a smaller camera to go along with my A7RIII. Just wanted a smaller form factor to use when I do not want to deal with the weight of my FF kit. I had decided to wait on the release of a new ASP-C model but came across a like new A6500 and 18-135mm at Best Buy being sold as an open box for 1000.00 for both. The guy let be take a raw picture using my SD card. I came home and checked and the camera had a shutter count of 736. It was basically new! Did I want to wait for a new model or buy now? Well I rarely do video so the dimming screen was not a big issue. My A7RIII is fine for any video I do. Not knowing what some of the upgrades might be on the A6700, 7000 I asked myself what was important to me. Smaller form factor, a camera that has IBIS, takes great stills and the A6500 fits all that. Even the short battery life isn't that big of a deal to me. I bought the camera and lens. I have to mention too that I am quite impressed with the 18-135mm lens.

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow