Capture one colour correct profile A7iii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
myfujilife Senior Member • Posts: 2,345
Capture one colour correct profile A7iii

After some of the complaints about the colour correctness of Sony, I decided to go off and create some base colour correct profiles for and make them downloadable for anyone else who wants them. This is my first attempt making ICC profiles so let me know if anything has gone horribly wrong but it seems to work.

All of these have no correction applied. i.e. no post processing

This is the original ICC profile for the A7iii

The colour correct verson

What this translates to from a colour perspective is something a little warmer than the standard profile provided by C1.

This isn't the greatest photo but it's one I had with me that allowed me to show the colour variance in the warmth of the skin. (white balance not corrected on any of the photos)

This is the standard profile in C1. This location is always bad for colour because of the grass and shadows

The colour correct one that shows a little more warmth. It seems less contrasty but it also has some darker blue as you will notice in the small bit of blue shirt under the jumper.

Another standard

Colour corrected. The reds in the hat are a little darker

Here is one with a noticeable difference in the helmet contrast. Standard

Colour corrected

Another one to show the skin

After colour correction which is closer to the truth due to the pink hat

Whilst those are there to show tones in specific areas, this final example shows an example of a posed photo

Here is the profile to download and test:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubqrxctimqkqluz/SonyA7M3-Colour%20Correct%20c1.icc?dl=0

You you will need to copy it to ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles on mac or Users/UserX/AppData/CaptureOne/Color Profiles on windows

In case you are interested, I've also modified a Classic Chrome profile for the A7iii

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhp8eyjfcazrwm6/SonyA7M3-Classic%20Chrome.icc?dl=0

myfujilife's gear list:myfujilife's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow