Can I use my existing external drive with a Mac?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonMike Senior Member • Posts: 1,237
Can I use my existing external drive with a Mac?

I have a Dell desktop computer now with a couple Seagate external drives I use for backing up my files. I'm thinking about replacing the desktop with a Macbook. I was in a Bestbuy store yesterday and the salesman told me I that I wouldn't be able to use my external drives with a Macbook because they were configured for Windows. I would need to get new ones specific for Mac. I'm always a little skeptical what salesmen tell me and just wanted to confirm that what he told me is true or not. Its not a super big deal because external HDDs aren't that much compared to the price of a Macbook, but it would be an additional expense. I was also looking at the Dell XPS but his recommendation was to get a Macbook for Apple's overall quality and the life of the machine. Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Mike

NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow