Photographing basketball team - tips?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KeithandAbby Forum Member • Posts: 53
Photographing basketball team - tips?

My Daughter has her first 'gig' - shooting a girls basketball team in exchange for getting her high school volunteer hours. The team and Coach know that she is an amateur so there are no real expectations - but she wants to do a good job. I will be accompanying her as 'backup' and support/advice.

We have a Nikon D90 and an 80-200 f2.8 push-pull plus a 50mm f1.8. I figure the stock 18-105 will be useless.

Looking for some tips for shooting action shots in a gym with what I'm assuming will be crappy lighting. I know it will requre a fully open aperature + relatively high ISO to get the shutter speed up as high as we can to freeze the action.

She will be taking shots at their practice next week before trying her hand at a game. We'll try the 80-200 first (affords flexibility) and if that doesn't work, we'll try the 50mm.

Any advice would be appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow