Started Oct 15, 2018 | Discussions thread
James Stirling
James Stirling Senior Member • Posts: 5,111
Re: How good is the G9 at High ISO ?

StevoPhilo wrote:

mad-marco wrote:

erichK wrote:

phototherapy wrote:

I'm interested in the Panasonic G9, but I would like to know how good the Jpeg OOC are in real low light at ISO 3200, thanks.

I considered the G9, but found it a bit bulkier than I really wanted, and also looked at the following comparison.

Imaging resource comparison

So far, the EM1ii has mostly been a positive experience,

I reached exactly the same conclusion a few weeks ago, so I bought a E-M1 II rather than a G9. I really wish that Panasonic hadn't gone for the big body design that they are currently stuck in. For me, the appeal of m43 is being smaller than FF and not the same or bigger.

The EM1-ii is slightly smaller than the G9, but the G9 isn't any bigger than a Nikon D7200. It's maybe slightly bigger than the D5600. I wouldn't even say it is the size of a FF Camera cause it isn't.

There are a few FF mirrorless to choose from these days

Though personally regards the sensor my hands are the same size and I would like my Sony FF to be a littler larger with a better grip

-- hide signature --

Jim Stirling
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” John Adams

James Stirling's gear list:James Stirling's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon Z7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow